Brave is a web browser that aims to change how advertising works on the internet while providing users with great security and privacy without sacrificing performance or features.

Brave is funded by its “Brave Rewards” program, which rewards users who’ve opted in to viewing ads with a cryptocurrency called BAT.
When those users view ads, Brave is paid by advertisers. It then transfers 70 percent of the revenue to users and the remaining 30 percent makes up its revenue.

How to install Brave ?

To install Brave, you need to visit its download page, download the appropriate version for your operating system and run the install file.

How do i make money with Brave ?

There are two ads variations – User Ads & Publisher Integrated Ads.

User Ads – First of all they will be optional. If you’re not a fan of ads, block them and forget about them till the end of times, there won’t be any extra subscription fee or anything like that. These Ads will provide brands with the opportunity to communicate with their target audience while they are browsing the web. Users will receive 70% of ads revenue and 30% will go the Brave.
Publisher Integrated Ads – 70% of the revenue share will go to the Verified Publishers. 15% will go to users and the remaining 15 % will go to Brave.

Is Brave safe ?

Yes, using Brave is safe, and it comes with several great security and privacy measures that you don’t always get with browsers.

Voeg je koptekst hier toe

Security

Voeg je koptekst hier toe

There’s a lot of great security features packed into the browser. The “shields” menu located to the right of the address bar gives you a great rundown of everything being blocked or allowed on the open page and also lets you control your basic security settings, such as tracking protection, forcing HTTPS connections and blocking scripts, cookies and device recognition.

By default, the browser uses HTTPS Everywhere to force websites to use secure connections, and if you turn it off or enter a website that doesn’t offer the protocol, you’re presented with a clear warning that includes a symbol and text saying “not secure.” xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Easy to use on mobile

On mobile, your bookmarks, history and settings are in the top left menu next to the address bar.
Compared to other mobile browsers, it’s easy to manage, edit and delete bookmarks, as well as create folders for them.

The “shields” menu is on the other side of the address bar and gives you the same sort of information as it does on desktop, including ads, trackers and scripts blocked, as well as the ability to turn security settings on and off.

You can enable a tab bar that displays under the address bar, which is an excellent feature that’s missing in other mobile browsers. That means you don’t have to enter the tab menu to navigate, which is great. You can also set the tab bar to only display when your device is in landscape mode. Plus, you can close all tabs by holding the regular tab menu button for a few seconds.

What is Basic Attention Token (BAT) ?

Basic Attention Token was created in order to disrupt the digital advertising space that’s been monopolized by two companies – Google and Facebook. These two companies alone receive 73% of all online ad dollars. The team behind the Basic Attention Token wants to change the current situation in the market.

Using smart contracts, advertisers send ads with a token payment in a locked state to users. When a user views the ad, they receive a portion of that token payment. The Brave browser also receives some of the token payment. The remainder of the payment goes to the publisher hosting the advertisement.

How many users does Brave have ?

At the beginning of 2018, they only had 1 million users. At the end of it 5.5 million. That’s a 450% increase in user base over the year.

Brave currently has 20+ million downloads on Google Play.
Apple store doesn’t provide us with such details.

Brave doesn’t post information about their user base each month, so we have what we have. The last update was in January 2019.

These are just some of the Brave highlights of 2018.

Save time with Brave browser !

In two months, Brave Browser has blocked 25 935 ads & trackers. Made 5 436 https upgrades and saved me 21 minutes of my life.

On my desktop, I’ve saved 44 minutes. That’s an extra Game of Thrones episode. Brave FTW.
I believe that’s the greatest and one of the most valuable features that Brave has.I never actually thought from that kind of perspective before, that ads & trackers are actually stealing our time.
They make the websites load slower and we pay for them with our time.
So if you’re not a fan of ads and they are stealing 20 minutes of your time each month then maybe there’s a call for a change. Your time is valuable. Take back the control over your privacy.

Close Menu